Saturday, December 3, 2011

Facing WHAT?!

This blog is inspired by an average guy who let fear rule his life...until God stepped in.  You can read about him in Judges 6-7.  His name is Gideon. 

In Judges 6:11, an angel came to Gideon (who was hiding from the Midianites in the mountains) and said, "The LORD is with you, mighty warrior!"

Did you know that Gideon's name literally means "Mighty Warrior"?  How ironic.

The angel of the LORD told Gideon that he would rise up, fulfill his name, and save Israel from the hand of Midian.  Most of you know the story, how Gideon was terrified by the prospect and begged God to give him a sign that He had chosen him.  The fleece thing, yeah. 

One of my favorite preachers, Cliff Johnson, summed up Gideon's story with these words: "Sometimes God doesn't give us the exact steps we're supposed to do through a fleece; He wants us to go and answer the cry of a desperate people."

This blog is going to be a quest, a journey on a higher road.  God has shown me so much, and I think it's time to share what I'm learning with you.  After all, to whom much is given, much is expected.  So take my hand, and let's go Face Midian.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Jo, God has given you such a beautiful talent through writing! Use it well and keep up the outstanding work dearest!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mo!!! You're so sweet! And you know me, can't shut me up. Do you have a blog I can be following?? ;)

    ReplyDelete